Marketing and Communications Manager
WIRE FESTIVAL is looking for a person who can join our team and lead our digital and media appearances. We need a professional who can create immersive experiences that captivate audiences, build and implement solid festival marketing strategies, facilitate and manage resources to accomplish it, including:
– Digital marketing: building social media campaigns, online advertising, and email marketing.
– Content creation: being responsible for our visual storytelling and developing content for various social media platforms.
– Audience engagement: engaging with the festival’s audience on social media and other platforms to build relationships.
– Communications: managing media relations and press outreach. We are looking for a person who will work closely with our marketing team and other departments, including event production, talent booking, and ticketing, to ensure cohesive and integrated marketing strategies.
Who We’re Looking For:
– Experienced communications manager, with over 3 years of experience in the electronic music/festival environment.
– A true lover of emerging electronic music, specifically techno & house. – A curious personality, passionate about digital marketing.
– A team player, adept at cross-functional collaborations.
– Familiar with the music industry, understanding the nuances of content creation, creator marketing, and viral trends.
This will be a contract position from February through June with a time commitment that increases to a peak during the May festival.
Resumes should be sent as a PDF (no Word Documents) to mail[at]knockdowncenter.com with “WIRE Festival M&C” in the subject line. Please include one paragraph letter of interest in the body of that email.
We are seeking a full-time Facility Manager to manage our physical plant, and 100 year old former glass factory.
Knockdown Center maintains a renovated 60k sf building on a three acre corner lot. Our building uses a complex and vast array of systems and equipment to execute its goals professionally and carefully, while executing within a network of regulations and permits. A successful candidate will be able to negotiate maintaining a facility that meets or exceeds regulatory statues, emphasizes ease of operation, and also strives to improve guest experience.
This position offers an opportunity for an individual to build upon existing skills in facilities management, staff leadership, maintenance, or construction.
– Oversees building and grounds maintenance.
– Operates and maintains custodial functions.
– Ensures security and emergency preparedness procedures are implemented properly.
– Ensures that the facility is clean and maintained according to company policy and procedures.
– Ensure physical facility is maintains compliance with DOH, DOB, FDNY, SLA and any other regulating authority.
– Handles general accounting tasks, such as invoice reviews and payroll approvals.
– Oversees and supervises the quality of work for other employees to ensure that all tasks are performed correctly, efficiently, and effectively.
– Manages and reviews service contracts.
– Conducts and documents regular facilities inspections.
– Checks completed work by vendors and contractors.
– Recommends maintenance, mechanical, electrical, and facility design modifications.
– Communicates workplace safety precautions to employees.
– Schedules and project manages all fire drills and emergency procedures practices.
– Forecasts, allocates, and supervises the financial and physical resources of the facility management.
– 5+ years of related experience
– Experience successfully managing subordinates.
– Pays extreme attention to detail, and remains consistently organized.
Given the fast-paced and creative environment of Knockdown Center, and the fact that we are a very small team doing big things, interested candidates should possess the ability to work collaboratively, be comfortable working outside the exact scope of their role when necessary, be proactive, and have a sense of humor. Knockdown Center is a non-traditional venue, and events vary widely across all types of performance, music, parties, and community and cultural happenings. Candidates should be excited about the wide range of possibilities, and have the ability to be versatile in their approach to each event.
Hourly pay commensurate with experience. Range is approximately $35-50 per hour.
Work is on site, mostly Monday through Friday but could require some planned and emergency work on nights and weekends.
This position is located in Queens, New York. Remote applications will not be considered.
To apply, please send your resume & a brief description of your relevant experience in a letter of interest. Send To mail [ at] knockdowncenter.com, with “Facilities Manager” in the subject line.
Job Type: Full-time
Director of Finance
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $85,000.00 – $130,000.00 per year
Knockdown Center is looking for a dynamic Head of Finance to join our leadership team and become a key partner in developing, monitoring, governing, and evaluating the overall business strategy, planning and analysis with a focus on financial and operating performance and business analytics. If you are someone looking to take your finance career to the next level while working in a culturally diverse, fun, and challenging environment, this could be the opportunity for you! It is an exciting place to be as we host over 5,000 people per week. This role provides an opportunity for you to be involved in and have impact on various aspects of the business.
– Maintain executive responsibility for financial operations including working capital, capital expenditures, debt levels, taxes, budget and general accounting
– Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidations, planning and analysis
– Utilize analytics to fuel decision-making, and steer the company’s growth curve
– Ensure efficient and effective payroll processing and auditing processes.
– Define the financial strategy and provide useful financial insights to help make the best decisions about executing our business strategy
– Establish and maintain stable cash flow management policies and procedures, and ensure cash resources are available for daily operations
– Responsible for planning, monitoring and making recommendations for the company’s operations capital investment expenditures
– Maintain and improve data aggregation processes, to better clarify and educate internally regarding the financial relationship we have with our patrons.
– Analyze current and future business operations and plans to determine financial effectiveness
– Directs the preparation of all financial statements, including income and expense statements, balance sheets, tax returns, and other required reports
– Build, lead and direct the finance and accounting team
– Work closely with the founders/leadership team to coordinate planning and establish priorities for the planning process
– Review capital needs to ensure proper fundraising
– In partnership with executive team, help set technology direction
– Understand long-range economic trends and projects their impact on future growth in sales and market share.
– Work closely with CPA partner to prepare and file federal, state, third-party and other financial reports to ensure compliance with GAAP, SEC, IRS and other taxing entity requirements
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
– Minimum of 6 years of experience in financial management, analysis and planning
– Analytical aptitude with advanced data analytics experience
– Restaurant/Hospitality/entertainment industry experience preferred
– Understanding of accounting principles for inventory including how it is audited, FIFO, etc.
– Experience managing $10M+ in annual revenue
– Quick learner with a strategic mindset
– Excellent written and verbal communications skills
– Proficient in database and accounting computer application systems, QuickBooks
– Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
– Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and under tight deadlines
– Bachelor’s Degree required
To apply, please send your resume & a brief description of your relevant experience in a letter of interest. Send To mail [ at] knockdowncenter.com, with “Director of Finance” in the subject line.
As an equal opportunity employer, the Knockdown Center is committed to creating a diverse work environment for all of our team members. Thanks for your interest!