VENUE MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS INTERNSHIP
Queens, New York, United States · Summer 2019 Internship
WHO ARE YOU?
Your passion lies in making other people smile. Whether it’s dancing at a concert, taking in a new art show, or trying new things at a food festival, throwing events and knowing people enjoyed them is what makes you tick!
WHO ARE WE?
Knockdown Center is a music, art and performance space dedicated to cross-disciplinary projects and collaborations. We host every type of event you could imagine, and thrive on events that could happen #OnlyatKDC.
ABOUT OUR INTERNSHIP
This exciting position offers a unique opportunity to gain real world experience in marketing & management of all types of events including, but not limited to, concerts, art exhibitions, performances, business conferences, and full-fledged festivals.
Past interns have gone on to work for such event & music companies as Spotify, Superfly, Mom+Pop Records, C3 Presents, LiveNation, Capitol Records & more. The intern will report directly to the venue’s Marketing Director.
This position is unpaid. You must be able to provide proof of school credit from an accredited university.
This position is located in Queens, New York. Remote applications will not be considered.
- Help organize and upkeep Google docs for specific event marketing campaigns
- Determine budgets + curate & execute creative marketing campaigns, and contribute innovative & actionable ideas
- Create & monitor campaign advertising budgets
- Monitor sales goals & marketing analytics
- Assist with graphics, gifs, and video content to market individual & series events
- Assist with press releases & e-mail blasts to targeted segments
- Research upcoming events to determine proper targeting & messaging voice
- Help with photography at events & editing photos for social media
- Create graphics for upcoming events
- Monitor the venue’s social media accounts; Create social media content and schedules for Knockdown Center events & assist with social media paid advertising; Collect social media statistics
- Assist with posting physical promo materials
- Create art exhibition checklists
- Help with small administrative jobs such as updating the venue’s calendars, physical event boards, and ordering print jobs
- Other duties, projects, and events as assigned
- Must be enrolled in a Bachelor’s/Masters program at an accredited college or university
- Must be 18 years or older and have sophomore standing or above
- Commit to work a minimum of 20 hours or 3 days per week from our Queens-based office, on a part-time basis, plus regularly attend KDC events – typically on weekends
- Able to receive academic credit from their college or university prior to starting assignment
- Familiarity with current social media platforms, particularly Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat & Instagram, as well as, Facebook Business & modern marketing techniques
- Proficient in Microsoft software, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of graphic & video design, and photo editing software, particularly the Adobe Creative Cloud (i.e Photoshop and InDesign)
- Experience with G-Suite, Google AdWords & Analytics
- Must be a self-motivated, flexible team player and able to work in a fast-paced & creative environment
- Passionate about live music and the arts. Knowledgeable of its latest trends
- Previous music industry experience a plus
To apply, please send your resume & a brief description of your relevant experience, plus why you are interested in interning at Knockdown Center to email@example.com, with “Application: Venue Marketing & Communications Internship – Summer 2019” in the subject line.
As an equal opportunity employer, the Knockdown Center is committed to creating a diverse work environment for all of our team members. Thanks for your interest!