Do you have a performance, workshop, or series of events in need of a home? Send us your proposal before September 15th for consideration of our 2017-2018 programming! Short-term projects can take the form of temporary installations, dance, theater, readings, talks, screenings, etc. This open call does not limit scale, scope, or format of submissions.
Knockdown Center’s mission is to be responsive to the needs of cultural producers making experimental and cross-disciplinary work, and to provide a platform for in-depth inquiry from varying viewpoints across diverse formats. Through an open proposal process, we offer artists, curators, and organizers the freedom to challenge traditional notions of presentation and reception.
Deadline: September 15, 2017
￼Knockdown Center Proposal Guidelines
Please use the proposal guidelines below, refer to the floor plans to identify the space that best suits your project, and format the proposal in a single PDF and email it to email@example.com with the subject “Short-Term Proposal” or “Exhibition Proposal”
1. Project Description: In one page or less, clearly describe your project concept, all elements involved, and state why it is relevant to present at Knockdown Center.
2. Images: Please include 5 – 15 images of works included or representative of what will be included. For movement based work, please include video samples.
3. Installation plan: Describe how the project would be installed in Knockdown’s space. Clearly list all spatial needs, technical and equipment requirements, and other specific installation considerations. Include a layout of the project in space using the floor plan.
4. Timeline: Describe the full production timeline of your project including load-in, installation, tech, rehearsals, event times, and load out.
5. We often have overlapping events and programs in the building at the same time. Please consider the ways in which sharing the building may impact your project.
6. Expected attendance and ticket price, if applicable.
7. Budget overview: Please provide a detailed overview of the production budget. 8. Exhibiting artist info: Provide bios for all included artists.
9. Curator / Producer info: Give us a sense of your background and experience, including a sample of your relevant work experience.
PDF of Guidelines and Floor Plan here.